Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided. As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Brian T. Maurer, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Maurer is a 1995 graduate of the William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine and completed a two-year foot and ankle surgical residency at Thorek Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago. He has been in practice in Colorado since 1997. Dr. Maurer has training and experience in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including forefoot and rearfoot reconstruction, trauma, and wound care. He is board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
He is a Past President of the Colorado Foot and Ankle Society and has served on the board and as Vice President of the Central Rockies Physicians Practice Associates. He is on staff at Vail Health Hospital, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center, and Castle Peak Senior Life and Rehabilitation.
When not taking care of patients, Dr. Maurer loves everything the mountain lifestyle has to offer. He is an avid outdoor enthusiast who enjoys mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. He lives in Edwards with his wife Dana and three teenagers.
- Education: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, 1995.
- Board Certifications: American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Certified in Foot Surgery – 2000, Recertified – 2009.
- Hospital Affiliations: Vail Health Hospital, Vail Valley Surgery Center, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center, Peak One Surgery Center.
- Memberships: American Podiatric Medical Association, Colorado Foot and Ankle Society, Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Central Rockies Physicians Practice Associates
- Lecture History: Winter Sports and Your Feet for Vail and Beaver Creek Ski Patrol, Current Concepts in the Evaluation and Management of Heel Pain, Diabetes and Your Feet, Evaluation and Treatment of Heel Pain in the Athlete, What’s in Store for Aging Feet?, Evaluation of Common Forefoot Disorders, The Spectrum of Heel Pain – Diagnosis and Treatment, Winter Sports and Your Feet
- Publications: “Coralline Hydroxyapatite as a Bone Graft Substitute in Foot and Ankle Surgery” JFAS, 1997