Frequently Asked Questions
Diabetic Foot Care
- Why should I ask my doctor to take off my shoes and socks?
- Who is at risk for diabetes?
- What can happen if diabetes is not detected in its early stages?
- I have been diagnosed with diabetes. What type of foot complications could I possibly experience?
- Should I see a podiatrist if I have diabetes?
- What’s the best way to treat a wart?
- Why is my toenail yellow?
- Do I have frostbite?
- My toes are black after being stranded outside. What can I do?
General Foot Care
- Why does my heel hurt?
- I have a heel spur. What should I do about it?
- Do I need surgery to fix my spur?
- What if I don’t want to take any medications?
MLS Laser Therapy
- What is MLS laser therapy?
- What does laser therapy have over other forms of treatment?
- What does treatment feel like? Does it hurt?
- How long does the treatment take?
- How many treatments does it take?
- How long before results are felt?
- How do I know if MLS therapy is right for me?
Lower Leg Injuries
- Why do my lower legs hurt when I run?
- What can I do to prevent this?
- How can shin splints be treated?
- I keep getting shin splints. What am I doing wrong?
Children’s Foot Health
- What’s the best shoe for returning to school?
- How long should I keep my kid’s shoes?
- How should we prepare for the upcoming sports season?
- Why does my child’s heel hurt?
- What are other symptoms of Sever’s disease?
- How can Sever’s disease be treated or prevented?
- When can my child return to activity?
- What is better for my feet and ankles: Skiing or Snowboarding?
- My feet get really cold in the winter. What should I do?
- Are hockey playing and ice skating ok on the feet?
- What should I do about my painful toenails in my ski boots?
- My toe is red and infected looking after skiing. Did my boots cause this?
- It looks like I have blood under my nail. This isn’t a big deal, right?